M.Sc in (Health Informatics and Analytics) is an interdisciplinary study of the design, development, adoption, and application of IT-based innovations in healthcare services delivery, management, and planning. It includes collecting, storing, analyzing, and presenting data in a digital format and harnessing the big data revolution to create secure, efficient systems that transmit and retain Health care Management.
Healthcare has become the top most budget priority of every Government. Digitization in healthcare is predicted to produce the maximum amount of data than any other industry. Current demand for health informatics and analytics people is at least 20 times more than the supply. Health Informaticians bridge the gap between the worlds of medicine and information technology, looking for patterns in data. These Health Data scientists are the experts who compile, link, and analyze these disparate data to provide the evidence and insight to inform clinical and system level decision-making toward optimal, efficient healthcare
The Health Informatics and Analytics program at The Apollo University leverages its position and capitalizes on the strength of its Group of Apollo Hospitals across India and abroad to prepare domestic and international students to advance the professional practice of health informatics and analytics.
The Master's degree in Health Informatics and Analytics is designed for Medical Professionals / Clinicians, Systems professionals, Healthcare managers, Nurses and Healthcare support Personnel who wish to increase their knowledge regarding the use of health information for improving quality, safety, outcomes and cost-effectiveness of healthcare service delivery.
Students are deployed directly in the workplace and use real-world data sets to address current challenges. The program’s final course gives students the opportunity to write a Dissertation on an approved topic in the field of Health Informatics and Analytics.
Internship- I (6 credits)
Internship- II (6 credits)
Internship- III (6 credits)
Internship- IV ( 10 Credits)/Dissertation/Publication
The programme has 4 internships, of which first 3 internships are of 6 weeks duration and the last internship is of 8 weeks duration.
During these 4 internships, efforts will be made to provide practical training in varied types of hospitals.
During the first internship, the student will be placed in a public hospital, where he/she will learn more about the structure and function of different clinical and support service departments in the hospital.
In the second internship, the student will be placed in Mission / Trust / Charitable hospitals.
Third internship will be a non- hospital internship, where the student will be placed in varied types of non-hospital settings such as insurance sector, IT sector, community health settings and so on.
For the final internship of 8 weeks, the students will be placed in the Apollo Hospital Group across the country to gain practical knowledge on Health informatics and Analytics in corporate hospitals
The student will have a supervisor cum mentor in the organization he/she is placed. For every internship, the student will maintain a diary and document his activities in detail in a report called internship journal.
By the end of second semester, the student will identify a project topic and will be allotted a guide for the project. A student may undertake a practical project where he/she may initiate an intervention and document the whole process as his/her project report for submission. A student may also undertake an Entrepreneurial research project and submit the research report for evaluation.
The student is evaluated for theory courses, internship and project. For theory courses, the class teacher has the freedom to decide on the type of evaluation with certain common guidelines. A theory course has 60% classroom examination and the remaining 40% may be evaluated through assignment, seminar and class room discussion. For classroom examination, the faculty member is expected hold a classroom examination of one hour per credit. For example, if the course has 2 credits, the duration of the examination would be 2 hours.
For internship, the university supervisor will evaluate the work of the student by having several meetings with him as well as through visit to the hospital. The university supervisor will evaluate the student for 75%, whereas the organization supervisor will evaluate the student for 25%.
The Dissertation work will be evaluated by the guide for 75% and the student has to face a viva- voce exam, where an external examiner will question the student about his/her project and evaluate the work for 25%.
|1||18 Courses with 3 credits||54|
|2||3 Internship (6+6+6)||18|
|Total Credits||82 Credits|